Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I walked over the Pyrenees mountains today

what did you slackers do? hee hee

Long line so only 20 minutes this go around. I am now in Roncesvalles, having made it over the mountains just 4 short hours ago. It was fine, and the views were lovely, once the clouds went away. Thought for a while though, on the descent, that I would never find civilization & they only way they´d find my body was by watching for buzzards. And then I found wild ripe blackberries & all was well.

FYI, "Sorry, I got stuck in my bra" is not a good excuse for holding up the shower line in the ladies´ bathroom at Roncesvalles, so don´t try it. Even if it is true. On the upside, the line for the mens´ room was much longer. Ha ha, payback at last.

The flight over was uneventful, & obviously nothing went "Boom" despite the fact that I never presented by quart-sized baggie full of ¨exploding¨ toothpaste & shampoo for inspection. With sore feet & legs. And a grumbling tummy. But that´s what one gets when one is walking 4 to 5 hours a day, as opposed to faking excuses like "training" & "jury trials" to get out of helping someone else close out her cases.

Off to dinner later & mass, then to bed & off to Zubiri tomorrow!

BTW, I have met Artemis & Christina from the forum. Christina is here with me in Roncesvalles.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you!!! Glad you survived the big hike over the hill.
    Nice that you met two forum members.
    Buen Camino

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to have found your blog and to be able to follow you Live, so to speak! I plan to walk the same route next April-May, fulfilling a long-time dream, so I am devouring everything I can find about the journey. I'll be checking every day for your adventures. Can you really go over the Pyrenees in just one day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oran Mor, you can go over the mountains in one day, but I wouldn´t advise it if you are not fit as a fiddle & used to walking up & down very steep inclines for hours on end.

    ReplyDelete